Malanda Falls Environmental Information Centre
Malanda Environmental Information Centre:
- Location: Passing through Malanda on the main road, approximately two (2) Kilometres from the town centre, on the left hand side of the road..
- The Environmental Information Centre gives an interpretative, interactive and informative account of the geological history of the tableland area, interesting any visitors to the falls.
- The display is presented in simple terms with rock and rainforest specimens, models and pictures to look at accompanied with information of the area to read.
- The Visitors centre also offers a range of local brochures and a volunteer worker is usually available to answer any queries you may have.
- A fifty (50) metre walk will take you from the Environmental Information Centre to the Malanda Waterfall.
- Across the road from the Environmental Centre is a short rainforest walk that will offer you some magnificent photo opportunities.
- Close to its beginning is a platypus, turtle and lizard-viewing platform that, with any luck will allow you to see some of the animals Malandas rainforest holds.
- Take an hour long Guided Aboriginal Rainforest Walk from the Malanda Falls Environmental Information Centre and see unique, ancient and original upland rainforest through the eyes of a Ngadjonji tribal elder, Ernie Raymont.